Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Regulating Content Flow
How to regulate the content flow of a forum site which is new and growing?
The straight answer to this question that if the content is good then why try to control it. It will be a total deal breaker. If the content is spammy then you should try control it.

Delete all the posts which are spammy and warn the members about it. Try building a strong sense in community and not just the members to market through it.
Regulating the content flow in the forum as a moderator or admin. The thread should be monitored from time to time for the balance in the forum site.
There is no standard procedure to do that. You will need very dedicated moderators and admin so they can filter out the spammy content from your content flow.
Its a real issue these days. People often join the forums just to promote their respective agendas.

If you want to control the flow of content then one must monitor the forums constantly. I know its hard but at first you have to do it. Once you have built a strong sense in community the members will help you to do it. There is no short cut to it.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
If its too much work for you then hire moderators who can regulate your content for you.