Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to prevent members from spamming?
How to prevent members from spamming the forum?
First warn them, then ban them for couple of days and if they do that again then just ban them for life. But it depends on the size of the forum if it is already a known forum then banning is not problem but if its growing then consider before banning.
Banning is only for very large forums. Just warn them and filter out the unwanted messages by yourself.
As just like everyone said earlier in depends on the size of your forum specially. I just prefer cleaning and deleting useless posts by myself. And if a members is persistent in spamming after repeated warnings then ban him/her.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Build a strong sense in community. Encourage the members not to spam and whenever they see one than they must report it.
Active moderators would be the best way to filter those members usually the new ones due to their greedy method of spamming their links.
I just wanted to say that a good sense in community is strong help. People will report spam content to the mods and admin automatically. Its the job of the admin and the staff to encourage members to report any suspicious activity.
You can restrict members from making too small posts. Or, just regulate them.