Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Share Thread:
Does the disavow tool still work?
I am looking at removing a clients negative SEO. They have thousands of bad backlinks. I ran a report through semrush and saw that they have lots of bad backlink toxicity. Is semrush correct when it comes to spammy links?
[-] The following 2 users Like OttawaSEO's post:
  • onemorerotiplease, partnerdma
If the links are clearly not natural and only pointing at your site, go for the disavow and do domain-wide.
Forget about any tool. What is your WMT saying? Are they showing?
If referring SEMrush, that's fine! Just make sure you also check GSC too!
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
(04-03-2023, 03:26 PM)OttawaSEO Wrote: I am looking at removing a clients negative SEO. They have thousands of bad backlinks. I ran a report through semrush and saw that they have lots of bad backlink toxicity. Is semrush correct when it comes to spammy links?

Semrush isn't always right.
Check if those links have any negative impact before disavowing them!
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartscraper's post:
  • BadboyGame
I'm using this option in semrush tool.
SEMrush is a third-party tool! Not sure if everyone consider these instructions or not!
Has anyone ever used the GSC Disavow tool?
The use of the disavow tool has been a topic of discussion among SEO practitioners. According to a Google the vast majority of sites do not need to use the disavow tool. However, the tool can be useful for webmasters who want to clean up their website from spammy links that they are directly responsible for. It is important to note that submitting a disavow request can take some time for Google to process, and it may not necessarily improve your website's rankings. it is recommended to use the disavow tool with caution and only when necessary.