Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Just an idea to create sense of community
I have an idea to create sense of community but I don't know how much it is going to work. Suppose if I build a group in facebook in the name of my forum. People will often join it as it a great market place. Well my point here is can I divert those visitors to my forum to be members and create a sense of community as it is like in the fb group?
Yeah, it can be done. But it will need some serious hard work. You have build a strong group first rich with content and then when you have earned their trust you have to redirect those members to your forum. I have tested it myself it took me some months but it is very effective.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Idea is good but its definitely tough one. Because in social channels people are more prone to engage themselves rather than going to another site and join for the very same thing. You have to build authority and trust first then you should think about diverting the members of your social group to your forum.
supaul Wrote:Well my point here is can I divert those visitors to my forum to be members and create a sense of community as it is like in the fb group?

Yes its possible and it doesn't need to divert those visitors because they are willing to visit your forum site for more in-depth discussions due to the established group in FB.
I think its a fantastic idea. If people trust you already in your community group then they surely will join in your forum too.