Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Meta Tags - Importance & Application
I had been getting a huge amount of queries about the importance and application of meta tags. So today i am writing about it briefly.
Everybody knows that the title tags are really very important in order to get well ranked and in turn increase the organic traffic to one's site. But still apart from this title tags, the Meta tags or the Meta Description tags are also very important element of any webpage. Its can increase your Click through rate in a considerable amount. There are some points which the webmasters should always remember in order to successfully apply meta tags.

- Whether it is the meta tag or the head tag, keywords are the most important factor of them. Try to use a good keyword research tool first like Google Keyword Planner, by using it find your niches keywords which have high or medium traffic and does not have much competition in the market. Try to find the keywords in such as way that they are not a phrase but a single word or a couple of words. The reason i am saying this to choose a small (single word keywords) is that if you use long tail keywords in the meat description it can get red-flagged by the search engines for keyword stuffing, although this is my own personal point of view.

- Once you have found those keywords its the time to apply them to your meta description. One should always remember that the meta description represents the description of your webpage in the search results. So it must be short, to the point yet have keywords in it. Generally it is good that you keep the meta description length in only one or two lines. The 'first line' must strongly summarize the webpage of yours. And, the 'second line' must be about the comebacks or in other words what your webpage in offering the users in return. Suppose your webpage is about 'Vintage Mercedes Benz Cars'. Then the first will be like this saying 'Drive your dream Mercedes Cars, it is of this year, it has that features' & the second line should like this 'Car Selling; Car Parts Sell; Car Repair'. In this way you are not only offering the visitors info but also you are getting an opportunity to increase your page's conversion rate.

- As the first line of meta description summarize your page so put keywords only relevant to your page there but remember only put one or two keywords because you don't want your page to look spammy. Put one keyword in your second line. In the second line you can also add related keywords of the original keyword if you think that those keywords can also be covered by your content.

Dear forum members this are solely my personal point of view so, be feel free to offer your suggestions and feedbacks.