Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Site resolution determing whether mobile or desktop user
Will it be a good idea to add a javascript code to my site? Which will determine that if a user's browser resolution if exceeding a definite metrics say 1000 pixels then they will redirected to desktop version my site and if not then to the mobile version of my site.
How you are supposed to add that type of code? Did you have any prior programming experience?
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
batman Wrote:How you are supposed to add that type of code? Did you have any prior programming experience?

No, I have no experience but I have talked to programmer (a very experienced one) and he has told me that it can be done. I am just asking that if I do it then well will it hurt my rankings ?
If your site is not mobile optimized then your rankings will be low (in some cases only). That doesn't mean that if you have no mobile site then it is going to hurt you.
And in this case of yours you already have a mobile site but you are just adding some code to divide you users, so its just fine. But I have seen that javascript codes slow down many sites loading speed. So, just make sure that it doesn't do that in your case. As if it slows down the loading speed your ranking should get hurt.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"