Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
Can a site's IP address impact SEO somehow?
Sad 
Recently, it happened to me. I changed my hosting. The concerned site is in a shared hosting and it is been moved to a VPS with different separate IP and all.

But after moving the site. The rankings fell drastically specially the international keywords which were ranking in many countries across the globe. A friend of mine suggested that it may be the IP that is responsible.

What do you guys say?
IP can get effected if it carries any bad domain. Since you are in VPS now, it's not possible. And also I have never heard of that an IP can effect a site or changing the host can be a problem to SEO.

I will suggest that check on Google updates and all. I believe you are being effected by any update or of such sort. Changing your hosting is purely coincidental.
[-] The following 2 users Like lonelysoul's post:
  • diamondhead, UKcart
Your website's IP address has little to no direct impact on your SEO. IP addresses are easy to change and scammers would just move if their server got blacklisted by Google.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AngelaBennington's post:
  • UKcart
Can you share the date or duration when your site's ranking impacted and the date when you changed the hosting provider?
At the same time. Around last week of March. @Autofresh.in
Your website's IP address has little to no direct impact on your SEO. IP addresses are easy to change and scammers would just move if their server got blacklisted by Google.
A site's IP address does not impact directly much on the performance of SEO. IP address can be changed easily. The location affects ranking factor. The domain name of website is connected to a certain IP address which is FTP hosting server's location. Map results that have been added to the organic web search results, then the location will influence the other results shown. So, location also plays a vital role in generating more website traffic.   Location affects search ranking as much as any other ranking factor, yet it doesn't get the same glamour as factors such as backlinks and content quality
@AnushDas Server's location has no effect on 99% of the sites. Because simply they don't have enough traffic to drag a particular server then create a load on to the distant one in the first place. Wink
Your website's IP address has little to no direct impact on your SEO. For a long time, there was the belief that sharing an IP address with less-than-reputable websites could cause Google to penalize your site. IP addresses are easy to change and scammers would just move if their server got blacklisted by Google.