Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Getting members fast
I have started a new forum. How can I get members fast? I am willing to pay for advertisement.
First of all I have to ask you. Define 'fast'. Forum promotion and getting a lot of members to your forum with a tons of content is not easy and also can't be done overnight.

You may spend money on the advertisement but still it will take time atleast 6 months only if things done properly. You can't have a ton of content unless you are paying for the posts which in my opinion is not a good way to promote your community.

At first gather some good points and discussable topics in your niche. And post them in your forum. This can be done by your own account or you can create fake accounts to show your visitors activity. And do it in a regular basis.

To outreach your potential members along with advertisements do forum marketing, social media optimization and social bookmarking also. Reditt submission and twitter followers had been very helpful to me.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Ask your friends and co-workers who already know something and interested in your niche to join your forum. Start building content first. As much as you can, start interesting topics and discussions. No body wants to join a forum which is empty so fill it first.
Build some links by guest blogging. It will help you rank and the search engines will start sending you traffic. Traffic is coming it doesn't mean that they are going to join to your forum. You have catch them, engage them by drawing as much as attention you can.
You can start by promoting it through the people whom you know that is familiar with your niche, just as what they said it really is hard to promote new forums since there are a lot of old and credible one. You need to well-establish what you want to achieve.
Pool Betting Tips
Start promoting through social media channels specially twitter. If you have a loyal followers base then the job is almost 50% done already.