Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Share Thread:
Minimum word count in a Blog post
I think it depends on your niche. For example, lyrics don't even blog, and yet they're the first page and wow those yearly views.

You're probably not hosting a lyrics site or a meme site, so I'd say you need to stick to the general rule of thumb.

For SEO, people say 500 minimum. But, if you're trying to boost your authority, you'll want to write 2,000-3,000-length articles. Of course, readers probably won't want to read that length, but Google will give your site more authority because your content is more thorough for those topics. So it's sort of like an SEO hack rather than an organic way to drive audience. Google will favor your 3,000-word article (high quality) on dolphins over 500-word ones.

Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: