Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Is robots.txt file enough to block some pages from Search Engines?
Is robots.txt file enough to block some pages from Search Engines? I mean from crawling and indexing.
No its not enough. Its best that you block them through .htaccess file.
[-] The following 2 users Like ksmith29's post:
  • danni, lammao
(10-24-2019, 05:52 AM)lammao Wrote: Is robots.txt file enough to block some pages from Search Engines? I mean from crawling and indexing.

Robots.text file only tells search engines or suggest some might say that it can or cannot crawl & index any page. It doesn't necessarily blocks them. .htaccess file is the best option for you as @ksmith29 suggested.
[-] The following 1 user Likes danni's post:
  • lammao
Can anyone provide me the code for htaccess file?
Follow this article. https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/arti...ccess-file-
I hope the article helped you.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
If it is linked to from other websites, a page that is disallowed in robots.txt can still be indexed. While Google won't slither or record the substance hindered by a robots.txt document, we could in any case find and file a prohibited URL in the event that it is connected from different puts on the web.