SEO MotionZ Forum
Two different content for a single keyword - Printable Version

+- SEO MotionZ Forum (https://seomotionz.com)
+-- Forum: Search Engine Optimization (https://seomotionz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Keywords (https://seomotionz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Two different content for a single keyword (/showthread.php?tid=4823)

Two different content for a single keyword - bsteve - 12-15-2018

I hope the title explains it. A single keyword which is a rare one should or can have two different content. I know it sounds odd but its true. So, here is my query that if I build two content pages then how can I get index and ranked just one. Its not debatable that whether or not I build only single page. I have to build two pages.

Re: Two different content for a single keyword - mediadrug - 12-15-2018

Just 'noindex' the page which you don't want indexded and ranked.

Re: Two different content for a single keyword - kingp - 12-17-2018

bsteve Wrote:I hope the title explains it. A single keyword which is a rare one should or can have two different content. I know it sounds odd but its true. So, here is my query that if I build two content pages then how can I get index and ranked just one. Its not debatable that whether or not I build only single page. I have to build two pages.

Have you not thought about blocking the unwanted page through your robots.txt file?

Re: Two different content for a single keyword - bsteve - 01-03-2019

mediadrug Wrote:Just 'noindex' the page which you don't want indexded and ranked.

Can it be done through robots.txt file?

Re: Two different content for a single keyword - kingp - 01-26-2019

It can be done from whatever you like.

RE: Two different content for a single keyword - bsteve - 02-05-2019

Okay thanks for the help. Can you guys provide a me any good guide to edit the robots.txt file?

RE: Two different content for a single keyword - frontierinternet - 02-27-2019

(12-15-2018, 04:51 AM)bsteve Wrote: I hope the title explains it. A single keyword which is a rare one should or can have two different content. I know it sounds odd but its true. So, here is my query that if I build two content pages then how can I get index and ranked just one. Its not debatable that whether or not I  build only single page. "I have to build two pages."

You can build two pages for a single keyword but with the unique content and different URL.

RE: Two different content for a single keyword - kingp - 02-28-2019

(02-27-2019, 12:24 PM)frontierinternet Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 04:51 AM)bsteve Wrote: I hope the title explains it. A single keyword which is a rare one should or can have two different content. I know it sounds odd but its true. So, here is my query that if I build two content pages then how can I get index and ranked just one. Its not debatable that whether or not I  build only single page. "I have to build two pages."

You can build two pages for a single keyword but with the unique content and different URL.

But the keyword happen to have that kind of potential.